The Armidale Oncology Unit has a Breast Care Nurse funded by the McGrath Foundation.
Armidale’s McGrath Breast Care Nurse position is now shared between Helen Goodall and Rachael Stevens, together providing an 8 days a fortnight access to a breast nurse
A McGrath Breast Care Nurse :
- Provides women/men and their families with one consistent source of information and care throughout the treatment plan
- Acts as a link between you, your GP and your breast care team.
- Coordinates all aspects of your care from diagnosis onwards.
- Can be an invaluable source of information regarding other support services for you and your family.
- Is able to drain seromas, provide lymphoedema management and care, and provide wound care.
- Provides information sessions about breast awareness to the general public and other organisations in order to encourage greater awareness of the importance of early detection, regardless of age or personal circumstance.
- Is available for a friendly chat about any concerns you may have.
Phone: 6776 9761